Help handling inkscape with fedora 9 banner

Thomas Canniot thomas.canniot at mrtomlinux.org
Wed Feb 6 13:37:36 UTC 2008

Le Wed, 06 Feb 2008 15:10:47 +0200,
Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro> a écrit :

> Thomas Canniot wrote:
> > I'm trying to translate the amazing little fedora 9 banner [1] into
> > french, but my poor knowledge of inkscape does not let me export the
> > file correctly.
>
> There is something strange here... it is broken for me too and I run
> a recent development version of Inkscape... some objects are not
> blurred when they should be.
>
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/PromoBanners?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=fedora9alpha-banner2_mo.png
> >
> > I got the blue waves around and the outline of the 9 figure whereas
> > there are not present in the one Mairin introduced on her blog.
> >
> > Should I simply remove them ? I f i do so, the blur aroung the
> > sulphur is no more present.
>
> You should blur those blue rays, as well as the gray halo around the
> "9" and some yellow objects... I can do it for you but I need the
> french text.

Great they were blurred then.

I found the tool on RedHat Magazine
(http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/02/27/the-open-palettehow-to-use-inkscapes-new-blur-filter/)

Moreover, I noticed that the reflect of the right hand side sulphur
element are not present in inkscape as well whereas is it on the png.
The svg with inkscape does not have it, but when i open it with firefox
it does appear.

Thomas