[Round 3] Alternative wallpapers for Sulphuric Waves

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 11:49:02 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 09:23 +0200, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> I am also *for* a blue alternative (at least as a try) but I find your
> version a bit too bright. Maybe I'll try myself a darker version.

I noticed you attached the darker version to the Waves page [1]. I
decided to give it another try and created a version that is neither
that light like the first tries nor that dark like your try. I attached
it to the page [1].

As for the issue of being it blue, well, I don't like very much the idea
of having different colour wallpaper than blue, not only because I like
blue (the Mo's grey/yellow sulphuric designs are great even though they
are NOT blue), but mostly because I, and many other people, have Fedora
already associated with blue. Yeah, we can experiment with other colours
as well, but as far as we don't want to confuse people we need blue to
be the main colour. Now when you look at fedora wallpapers, you most
likely guess it's fedora, if we will have grey wallpaper nobody would
guess it's fedora... But anyway, if more people prefer grey, I am not
against it ;-)

So the main question is: do we want the default colour to be part of
fedora "image" or not? If the former, than we have to have blue
wallpapers, if the latter, we can have in each release different
coloured one...

Thanks,
Martin