[Linuxtag-fedora] (Swag for) Linuxtag

Sandro "red" Mathys red at fedoraproject.org
Mon Feb 4 04:04:14 UTC 2008

To be frank, I wouldn't like a grey polo-shirt. Rather black. But I'd
like to stick with the light blue, as we decided on last Saturday's meeting.

I just asked regarding the "similar color"-clause in the guidelines on
#fedora-art and talked to mizmo (Máirín Duffy) there concerning this
question. She's also the main logo usage approver, anyway.

According to her, light-blue is allowed to be used with the logo. I made
a small mockup with some random light blue and she added that #76b7f7
would be a really good color. That color would be fine with both, the
standard and the white type logo. We'd both prefer the white logo on
that background, tho. I attached the mockup featuring that specific
background/polo-shirt color and both logos.

She also advised to check what colors the supplier can provide for polo
shirts. If we'll just ask for a specific color we might end up getting
shirts in a different color otherwise. Or to better stick with white or
black since the supplier can't screw up those colors. The color for the
ambassador shirts was perfect, tho. That's a good sign, isn't it?

---

mizmo requested to CC the art team with what we're discussing here since
they're the ones that:
a) are good with colors, logos and stuff
b) are asked about such stuff if anyone else want to do something
similar. According to her there's been questions to the art list about
the ambassadors polo shirts, too.

We should share our final results with the ambassadors, marketing and
art lists in order that others can profit from our efforts.

---

I hope I didn't forget anything.

Opinions on anything of that? Do we stick with light blue now?

Joerg: can the polo shirt supplier provide any specific color?

Best regards
red