Fedora Mascot Idea....

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 23:39:48 UTC 2008

On Feb 8, 2008 12:15 AM, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> A interesting idea but not one I like. A variation of the Fedora logo
> would have the same protections as the logo itself and leads to the same
> issues we are trying to avoid by suggesting the use of a mascot that
> lends itself to artistic freedoms and creative uses. Keep the mascot
> completely separate from the logo.

Or to put it another way... can you take your seahorse idea and rework
it so that its not confusing with the logo?

The other problem is.. we have a desktop application actually named..
seahorse.  That's probably a reasonable reason to avoid using a
seahorse as a mascot for Fedora.

-jef"Is really tempted to drag out his scapegoat svg as offer it up
for mascot consideration...again"spaleta