eeedora artwork

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Feb 20 11:40:35 UTC 2008

Valent Turkovic wrote:
> I got hold of a fabulous device called Asus eeePC. By default it runs
> Xandros but there is a fedora based distro called eeedora.
> I'm about to install it and play with it.
>
> Can you please look at it and while making wallpapers for Fedora 9 also
> make versions for eeedora. It has resolution of 800x480.

I had a quick look at our current wallpapers, they are 1920x1200, which
will rescale proportionally to 800x500, stretching them to 800x480 is
not that bad as is neither hard to crop 20 pixels.

I have a couple of questions for you:
- Eeedora has the software needed for animated backgrounds? does his
maintainer want to use animated backgrounds? So, is needed only a static
PNG or the entire xml with various PNGs (supposing we wwill have an
animated background in F9);
- does this oddly sized wallpaper need to be available in Fedora proper
or only in Eeedora? (it may be useful everywhere, as this ear are
expected such devices with the same screen size from a lot of manufacturers)