[Round 3] Shoowa theme update

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 22:24:19 UTC 2008

2008/2/23 Martin Sourada <martin.sourada at gmail.com>:
>  For me the diamonds looks completely out of place... It's too
>  distracting. As for which of those wallpapers I like best, it's 3.1
>  closely followed by 3.1c.

I basically agree with this but I'll be more specific.

I really like in 3.1c how the upper right blue diamond 'pops.' But the
yellow diamonds really look bad in terms of color contrasts.

The yellow diamonds are better in 3.1, but the upper right diamond
doesn't 'pop' anymore for me.

Sadly, it seems using a strong blue influence just doesn't work with
the yellow sulfur bits.  The grey tones as a background work much
better if you are going to but yellow highlights.
It would be interesting to see what 3.1c looks like if you go back to
a set of grey,white,black tones instead of blue,white  tones in the
background.  Maybe there's still a way to use a hint of blue.

-jef