Fedora Logo Guidelines - B&W Logo Usage

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Thu Feb 28 02:52:49 UTC 2008

Hi folks,

So I spoke a bit with the Red Hat branding folks for their advice on
black and white usage of the Fedora logo since our logo guidelines don't
really cover this.

One idea that we came up with was for black & white (no greys) or any
1-color treatment, to just use the "fedora" logotype without the
infinity logomark. So we would basically be requiring folks to use at
least 2 ink/screen colors to be able to use the logo in accordance with
the guidelines.

I was wondering what you folks thought about this idea. It definitely
ensures a consistent brand experience as far as the shapes/forms of the
logo - where there aren't enough colors, just don't use the logomark.
Since the logotype is only one color anyway it will be easier to ensure
it stands out properly in one-color treatments.

What do you folks think? If you agree we can go ahead and add this to
our logo guidelines (they are ours to modify). Or we can discuss further
if you don't like this idea and go with something else.

Thanks,