A pretty please (regrading Fedora 9 theme)

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Tue Jan 1 00:14:53 UTC 2008

Valent Turkovic wrote:
> Here are one audio review which also says artwork for Fedora 8 is lacking:
> http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/index.php/archives/fedora-8-audio-review/
>
> and one random forum comment:
> "Artwork quite poor compared to version 7."
> http://linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=43139#p43139

I could point at a lot more reviews and magazine articles that saw it as
an improvement. It's artwork, it's subjective, you can't please everyone
and if you do you're probably doing something wrong. For every negative
comment I've seen or heard about the F8 theme, I've seen 9 or 10
positive ones.

The wallpaper could have been more exciting, yes. The rest of the
artwork I think is better with a more simple design, though, without too
much in-your-face branding. We don't want the distro to be akin to an
overly gaudy person wearing way too much makeup, you know?