A Thought About F9 Artwork

Daniel Geiger dgeiger_343 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 2 03:13:48 UTC 2008

I believe it would be beneficial to Fedora to stabilize the artwork in successive releases.  IMO, radically changing the artwork each release detracts from giving Fedora a recognizable look and feel.  I am for refining and improving the artwork, though--maybe in the degree to which Ubuntu refines their backgrounds.  As someone else said, I also believe that the artwork of F8 is a good release to build upon for refinements.
A question of clarification: what exactly is meant here by "theme" -- GTK+/Metacity, icons, artwork, or something else?

~Daniel

John Baer <baerjj at gmail.com> wrote: All,

IMO the F8 artwork presents Fedora very favorably and it seems a waste
not to leverage this success in F9.

Does it make sense to change the theme every other release cycle and use
the off cycle to improve or tweak the current theme?

Presenting the same question a differ way.

Would Fedora users be disappointed if the F9 came with an improved F8
theme (ie. same theme, new wallpaper)?

Cheers!

John