A pretty please (regrading Fedora 9 theme)

Andreas Nilsson nisses.mail at home.se
Thu Jan 3 01:34:14 UTC 2008

Valent Turkovic wrote:
> On 1/1/08, Máirín Duffy <duffy at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Valent Turkovic wrote:
>>
>>> Here are one audio review which also says artwork for Fedora 8 is lacking:
>>> http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/index.php/archives/fedora-8-audio-review/
>>>
>>> and one random forum comment:
>>> "Artwork quite poor compared to version 7."
>>> http://linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=43139#p43139
>>>
>> I could point at a lot more reviews and magazine articles that saw it as
>> an improvement. It's artwork, it's subjective, you can't please everyone
>> and if you do you're probably doing something wrong. For every negative
>> comment I've seen or heard about the F8 theme, I've seen 9 or 10
>> positive ones.
>>

> Did you listen to Linux Action Show podcast review in the link that is
> provided? They also mention icons and few other issues, but best
> listen to it if you can.

Hi Valent!
It seems like they were kind of vague on what exactly was wrong with the
icons. I didn't quite understand if they complained the category icons
in the Applications menu or the icons on the top panel. Since they
mentioned Red Hat 9 it might have been the top panel ones (bluecurve),
but I can't say for sure. Bugs should probably be filed on that.

Reviews are just reviews. I've seen a lot of positive ones about Fedora
8 as well.
- Andreas