Focus issues in new Nodoka

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 15:35:21 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 15:26 +0100, Martin Sourada wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-01-08 at 22:49 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> > A tab isn't a widget and not a possible focus location itself. Only the
> > widget inside (usually a label) is.
> >
> Well, it's actually the notebook widget that is usually focused (my
> bad)... I guess I could workaround it, so that if label instead of
> notebook is the focused widget I would use a fallback theming (like for
> GtkExpander).

Seems it won't be that easy. I made less restrictions as for what
widgets a fallback focus ring is used, so that none of the widgets that
could have focus cannot slip through without drawing it. But I am still
not able to replicate a case when the focus ring is drawn around tab
label, but not for the tab itself :( It seems there really are some
changes in rawhide... It seems like in F8 draw_focus is not invoked on
labels at all, even if their can_focus property is set to true... In
fact it is the tab focus that is being draw here, for the notebook
widget...