A pretty please (regrading Fedora 9 theme)

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Wed Jan 9 16:25:19 UTC 2008

Valent Turkovic wrote:
> Mairin please take the time and listen to the podcast, they have
> really gone into details and especially you as the leader of artwork
> team should listen to it.
> If you have flash you can hear it here:
> http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/index.php/archives/fedora-8-audio-review/
> if you want to listen to if offline here you go:
> http://www.archive.org/download/Fedora8ReviewlinuxActionShowEp067/Linuxactionshowep067-Fedora8Review.ogg
> http://www.archive.org/download/Fedora8ReviewlinuxActionShowEp067/Linuxactionshowep067-Fedora8Review_64kb.mp3

Fromt he podcast:

"I hate hate hate - I am going to underline the word hate, capitalize
it, and put little HTML bold tag. I don't have anything else to say
about it.... the... it lokos like someone took at loko at windows 200
and thought hmm this is nice but i like the way that windows xp is also
ugly, so im going to combine the ugliest features of both (laughter in
background) and I'm going to paint it with a blue brush, but I am going
to choose the ugliest sky blue color I can find. And that is what it
looks like to me. It drives me crazy. Because it's not a huge departure
from what we had, but they managed to modify it in slight ways that took
something that i thought was good looking and made it so bad I thought
it was horrible."

Thank you SO MUCH Valent. The feedback from this podcast is SO HELPFUL.
Not only that, but it really confirms to me that the 100+ hours of my
PERSONAL time (time I could have spent with my family or friends) that I
put into it was REALLY WORTH IT. Thank you so much Valent for bringing
this to my attention, I am now so motivated to put EVEN MORE TIME into
Fedora 9, because I now see how much my and this teams efforts are
APPRECIATED.

Thank you Valent, thank you so much for INSISTING that I listen to this
podcast.