A Thought About F9 Artwork

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Wed Jan 9 17:41:44 UTC 2008

Hi Valent,

Valent Turkovic wrote:
> Máirín Duffy wrote:
>> Whenever we try anything that is !blue, we get a whole lot of negative
>> feedback. People like to look at the colors far more symbolically than
>> they should I think.
>>
>> ~m
>>

> I don't like opensuse in particular but they have made a break from blue
> in latest release  - now its green, and it looks great! I would love to
> see Fedora !blue for at least one release - it would be refreshing.

Everyone has their own personal tastes and opinions on the artwork.
Unfortunately, only a very small percentage of those folks actually
contribute to the artwork. If you would like to truly influence the
artwork though, you will need to take a more active, participatory role
on the art team.

This list is, for the most part, for the art team members to coordinate
and discuss contributions to the artwork. While we do like hearing
feedback from a variety of users, please understand that can cannot
please everyone nor should it be expected that we cater to any
particular piece of feedback we receive. In the past we have been asked
to try colors other than blue and were met with a lot of negative
feedback. I do not know if it is worth another try.

If you have a particular concept or design that you would like to mock
up and share with us that does not use the color blue, I am sure we
would all be interested in seeing it, but please do not expect that
someone will do it for you just because you mentioned it here.