A pretty please (regrading Fedora 9 theme)

Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek jakub.rusinek at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 21:24:10 UTC 2008

2008/1/9, David Nielsen <david at lovesunix.net>:

> ons, 09 01 2008 kl. 17:13 +0100, skrev Valent Turkovic:
> is
> > >
> > > Sorry, I didn't, I don't have much time these days. A summary of
> actual
> > > issues brought up would be helpful.
> > >

> > I was away a few days... so the late reply.
> >
> > Mairin please take the time and listen to the podcast, they have
> > really gone into details and especially you as the leader of artwork
> > team should listen to it.
> > If you have flash you can hear it here:
> >
> http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/index.php/archives/fedora-8-audio-review/
> > if you want to listen to if offline here you go:
> >
> http://www.archive.org/download/Fedora8ReviewlinuxActionShowEp067/Linuxactionshowep067-Fedora8Review.ogg
> >
> http://www.archive.org/download/Fedora8ReviewlinuxActionShowEp067/Linuxactionshowep067-Fedora8Review_64kb.mp3
>
> Basically that is all subjective opinion on the theme.. other people
> praised the artwork - in fact most of the reviews I read did so. F8 e.g.
> was probably the first Fedora theme I really enjoyed, nicely
> professional and sutle. There, following my subjective review we are
> doing great... woohoo!
>
> Basically Bert and Ernie spend the entire review hating on the artwork
> instead of actually reviewing the distribution and informing people
> about the cool stuff we worked on. Which pretty much useless for
> everyone.
>
> So I don't really see how this hatchjob is helpful to anyone..
>
> - David

I wonder if NM 0.7 with cool new features will be available in F8, until F9
is released.

One of them is static configuration (available in openSUSE and Ubuntu via
hackish patches.
Tomorrow system-config-network will allow to edit this configuration and NM
will use it.
Nice.

It's only one of improvements.

Next thing we gonna see is Firefox 3 - almost native (I care about it and
I'm filing bugs in their bugzilla, I'm also using Minefiled everyday).

The only thing that need to be written here is short new artwork review, but
it's not ready yet ;) .

--
Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek
http://liviopl.jogger.pl/