Round 1

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu Jan 10 09:53:31 UTC 2008

Gerold wrote:

> I'm not really sure to be here on the "correct" list but I like to tell
> you something personal :-)

You give feed-back about one of the proposals, so you are at least
partly on-topic.

> I took a look at the below listed "round1" URLs and I personally tiked the
> 9TO9 most ...
> and I have also a (in my eyes) fantastic idea but also not sure than
> somebody can realize my thoughts.
>
> When you'll install a new system, you'll get a unique (smolt-system)
> id-number; maybe it is possible that that id-nummer is the "code" shown at
> your dsktop?!
>
> So everybody has his "own unique" Desktop wallpaper/theme and also maybe
> with the changing color as in F8???

Wow! That would be indeed cool, to have your own code somewhere (it may
be even a bar code).
And I think I got an idea about the implementation: we can have a SVG as
background. Is easy to modify that SVG file, is XML, but you can do a
test search and replace (with sed).So I believe it can be done (but I
suspect the current Nautilus won't notice the SVG update on the fly).