Round 1

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu Jan 10 11:45:51 UTC 2008

Laith Juwaidah wrote:
>     Gerold wrote:
>      > I took a look at the below listed "round1" URLs and I personally
>     tiked the
>      > 9TO9 most ...
>      > and I have also a (in my eyes) fantastic idea but also not sure than
>      > somebody can realize my thoughts.
>      >
>      > When you'll install a new system, you'll get a unique (smolt-system)
>      > id-number; maybe it is possible that that id-nummer is the "code"
>     shown at
>      > your dsktop?!
>      >
>      > So everybody has his "own unique" Desktop wallpaper/theme and
>     also maybe
>
> About the implementation, we won't need to change the code every period
> of time, it'll be set only once when the system is first installed...
> Probably changed in the four pictures (assuming the color will change
> too), then exported to png and those pngs will be used just like they
> used to in F8.

PNG or SVG, this is an implementation detail, the important part would
be to get traction from the desktop guys to accept such a change.

And as implementation details, I feel working with PNGs is more
complicated: you will need installed something like ImageMagik (which is
not available by default in a desktop install) to be able to generate
the image PNG and do the composition, with SVG is just a text search and
replace.