Round 1

Jiri Jakub Masek jjmasek at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 04:55:43 UTC 2008

Hi, just a note....

2008/1/10, Máirín Duffy <duffy at redhat.com>:

> Hi Nicu,
>
> Thanks for writing this up :) Here are some of my thoughts on the round
> 1 proposals:
>
> Nicu Buculei wrote:
> > The deadline for Round 1 was a couple of days ago, so here are all the
> > submissions we gathered so far (a valid submission must have an
> > announcement on the list and a wiki page):
> >
> > Listed chronologically:
> > - CODE 9TO9, by Jiri
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F9Themes/CODE9TO9
>
> - It's an interesting concept but I think visually it could be more
> exciting if the 9-pointed shape was shown from a different angle other
> than straight on.
> - The colors used are sort of towards the more pastel-ish blue which is
> what we used for f8 so I think maybe more bold colors might be good just
> so there is more of a change from f8.
> - We traditionally do not have version numbers in the artwork so I don't
> know if the one with just the 9 is a good idea. I don't think the
> graphic needs numbers to 'explain itself' -  rather it's an interesting
> idea to have a 9-pointed star shape as the focus of a series of abstract
> visual compositions.
> - One thing I am happy about with this concept is that beyond the number
> 9, it does relate to Fedora: 'endless' and 'cyclic' pretty much
> represent 'infinity'.
> - What does "algorithm 9483726159" mean?

The algorhitm is needed when you want to draw this star by one line, so, tip
nine points around the circle and turn the line form 9 to 4, from 4 to 8,
and so....this is the magic of this theme...

- One last thing, while the shape is endless and cyclic, when I look at

JJM

--
I'm still learning English...
Jiří Jakub Mašek - Mr Jiri Jakub Masek