Round 1

Laith Juwaidah ljuwaida at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jan 11 10:54:23 UTC 2008

I have an idea, since we don't want the code to be put on the screen because
that'll comprimise the user's privacy, and all, why don't we create a small
pattern that'll change the background depending on the code, well, parts of
the code.
I don't know how the code looks like but I'll just assume it's something like
this: 67c1e19532a4c47461486a5d8ad3ac74 (which is "Fedora 9"'s md5sum :D
In this case we can create an algorithm that does the following (it's just an
example):
1. Takes the first 3 digits as a HEX number and % it by 360 and then rotate
the shape that many degrees.
2. Take the fourth and the fivth digits and increase the R by the amount of
the fourth digit if the fifth digit % 2 is positive.
3. Take the sixth and the seventh digits and do the same for G.
4. Take the eighth and the ninth digits and do the same for B.

etc...
This way, the usrer's privacy won't be comprimised, and we can still brag
about giving the users different backgrounds, which is somethig that no other
distro have done (just a guess).

What do you think?

--
Laith Juwaidah