Echo: "package-x-generic" attempt 10

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 16:03:54 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-01-13 at 15:53 +0100, Mark wrote:
> the preferences-desktop icon is about as bright as this one is now.
> So i think it fits perfectly.

Not at all (IMO). It's not only about how bright it physically is, but
also how bright it feels, and in that case you need to compare it with
icons that will be together with it. I created an image where I compare
folder-network (since it has both globe which is used for more mimetypes
and a folder which is quite often seen in nautilus), your
package-x-generic and the one from guidelines. You can compare for
yourself. I think you should see that your package looks odd among the
other two (while good by itself).

Solution offers itself. Make it darker and make the colours more
vibrant, or take the one from guidelines and work a little on the
gradients if you think it is too dark.