A Thought About F9 Artwork

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 18:24:34 UTC 2008

 Martin Sourada wrote:

On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 17:49 +0100, Valent Turkovic wrote:

 Steven Garrity wrote:
Please look these two screenshots:
http://bayimg.com/MAIAIaaBLhttp://bayimg.com/MAiagaABL

One is FC6 and other is F8.

Can you make the difference. The differences are subtle, too subtle and
too bland IMHO. I would love to see Fedora 9 get the gtk theme it deserves.

So slowing down design really sound bad to me.

Valent.

 I saw these two quite long quite a long ago and you were told, that the
difference is obvious, though subtle.

As for the Fedora 9 gtk theme. So far this [1] seems what will be in
Fedora 9, although there is still room for improvement. But why don't
you come up with something awesome yourself? We are all doing our best
while you seem to just rant about how things would be better.

 Because I have no actual creative talent but as I said in my email I have
an critic eye and I have been volonteering as a critic for my friends and
family for over 10 years - they are photographers, designers, 3d modelers
and artists and I'm really respected for my constructive criticism.

I can't create a new gtk theme but I can say to you if one sucks or or if it
rocks.

You can look for yourself for some ideas:
http://browse.deviantart.com/customization/skins/linuxutil/gnome/gtk2/?order=9&alltime=yes
http://www.gnome-look.org/index.php?xsortmode=down&page=0&xcontentmode=100

There are lots of great themes.

I don't work for fedora ArtTeam but I'm a long time fedora desktop user and
I would love to see some improvements in how fedora looks. I know that lot
of people work hard and I really appreciate it, and I have seen what great
designs they have done (