Tangoish Fedora logo in Mist-inherited default icon theme

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 16:44:15 UTC 2008

2008/1/23, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek <jakub.rusinek at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I know, this topic was here some time ago, but I want it to be
> succeeded.
>
> Scaled down SVG look terrible [1] .
>
> My proposal is to use modern Tango! palette everywhere, where small
> Fedora logo appers, since Fedora is opensource (why trademarks are
> stopping us from make it look beautiful?) [2] .
>
> Mist is Tango!-styled icon theme, which looks very nice.
> Fedora's default icon theme inherits Mist, but uses ugly scaled down SVG
> - it mixes styles: tangoish and plain, non-tangoish.
>
> You don't want to mix styles, as said some time ago somewhere, so lets
> use modern tangoish artwork, which looks awesome and makes Linux well
> recognized.
>
>  1| http://www.flickr.com/photos/livio-pl/2213995683/
>  2| http://stephenbrandt.com/tango-icons/fedora/

I agree with you that the icon is nice and would be good to use it as
a default icon.
I proposed something the same a while ago as well (when that icon was
shown here) but there was a reason not to do so.. (i forgot what it
was).

but you are wrong about the SVG part. the icon you point to is just a
gif/png favicon not a scaled down svg. for a scaled down svg you just
need to look at the fedora (gnome) menu icon. (might be a png as well
but generated from the svg).