oversized icons in the distro

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Jan 24 11:44:00 UTC 2008

Matthias Clasen <mclasen <at> redhat.com> writes:
> Hey, so we are looking at the size of test1 live cd images right now (of
> course, things don't fit). One thing I notice is that some packages ship
> huge svg icons, like the following:
[snip]
> I wonder if this list has the expertise and knows the tools to reduce
> excess details in svgs like those ?

Here in KDE SIG land, our solution looks like this:
# omit gigantic oxygen scalable/svg icons, for now -- Rex
find %{buildroot}%{_kde4_iconsdir}/oxygen/scalable -name "*.svgz" | \
xargs --no-run-if-empty rm -fv
;-)

(Of course this will only work if there are PNG versions of the same icons,
otherwise the PNGs have to be generated first.)

         Kevin Kofler