Firefox Trunk tangoified

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 16:51:11 UTC 2008

2008/1/27, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek <jakub.rusinek at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I want to tell you the good news.
>
> Firefox in Trunk is now better tangoified :) !
> Still some icons are missing, but Firefox is nearer its release :) .
>
> I think that you should see what progress is being made and try to make
> Echo so beautiful and vibrant.
>
> Imo, the current Echo has no life and its perspective doesn't play well
> with GNOME nor KDE (most of GNOME apps are going to use Tango!, not Echo
> and KDE apps are going to use Oxygen).
>
> PS: I wonder is some beautiful day Fedora can be tangoified so well. Now
> I'm filing bugs against different programs, about hardcoded pixmaps.
> Also, some of our config tools names should be included in
> icon-naming-utils (freedesktop.org specs).
>
> --
> Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek
> http://liviopl.jogger.pl/

I think you have made your point clear now about the echo bashing.
(you bash on it as often as you can). The people who make Echo will
likely not like your continuous bashing.

And about the firefox tangofied.. do you have a screenshot? i rather
don't install it yet (did so a few days ago but reverted back to 2.0).

And for Oxygen. I personally think that Echo is a nice attempt but
won't really get off the ground in a distribution anytime soon so
perhaps Oxygen can be used. It's a (nearly) finished icon theme
anyway.