Firefox Trunk tangoified

Andreas Nilsson nisses.mail at home.se
Mon Jan 28 15:25:59 UTC 2008

Mark wrote:
> 2008/1/27, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek <jakub.rusinek at gmail.com>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to tell you the good news.
>>
>> Firefox in Trunk is now better tangoified :) !
>> Still some icons are missing, but Firefox is nearer its release :) .
>>
>> I think that you should see what progress is being made and try to make
>> Echo so beautiful and vibrant.
>>
>> Imo, the current Echo has no life and its perspective doesn't play well
>> with GNOME nor KDE (most of GNOME apps are going to use Tango!, not Echo
>> and KDE apps are going to use Oxygen).
>>
>> PS: I wonder is some beautiful day Fedora can be tangoified so well. Now
>> I'm filing bugs against different programs, about hardcoded pixmaps.
>> Also, some of our config tools names should be included in
>> icon-naming-utils (freedesktop.org specs).
>>
>> --
>> Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek
>> http://liviopl.jogger.pl/
>>

> I think you have made your point clear now about the echo bashing.
> (you bash on it as often as you can). The people who make Echo will
> likely not like your continuous bashing.
>
> And about the firefox tangofied.. do you have a screenshot? i rather
> don't install it yet (did so a few days ago but reverted back to 2.0).
>
> And for Oxygen. I personally think that Echo is a nice attempt but
> won't really get off the ground in a distribution anytime soon so
> perhaps Oxygen can be used. It's a (nearly) finished icon theme
> anyway.

Hi Mark!
You can check it out in Michael Ventnors blog [1] (along with his other
cool work on firefox3, like native gtk+ printing support etc.).
It's possible to just untar one of the nightly builds into a folder in
your home directory [2] so you can run both ff2 and ff3 on the same system.

1. http://ventnorsblog.blogspot.com/
2. http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-trunk/

- Andreas