f9 round 2: waves

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 08:52:02 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 02:07 -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anuja's wallpapers got me playing around with the gimp fractal explorer.
> Here's another idea for the waves proposal:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F9Themes/Waves#head-343e10b415c33000f906c3f0426d92496c0b792d
>
> ~m

Hi,

that's great! I'd use darker colours and maybe tweak the settings a
little more, to have it smoother, but this is quite good for Round 2.
What's the gimp script for this one?

Btw. I had some idea for the connection of the Waves proposal with the
F9 codename (sulphur). I think it could work especially for the
horizontal/vertical parts of the artwork. Having a sulphur stone dropped
to water which creates the actual wave and we would still seen it
sinking as the wallpaper changes (that would be probably done in
inkscape and then joined with the rest in gimp). OR having a handful of
sulphur lying in e.g. one in one of the corners/sides of the banners
which creates small waves around (similar to waves that creates around a
barrier).

From colour perspective it would IMHO work great, as yellow and blue
(though rather darker tones of blue) work quite nice together.