[echo] system-software-installer draft

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 23:09:17 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 18:20 -0400, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> Quoting Martin Sourada <martin.sourada at gmail.com>:
>
> > New draft of system-software-installer icon. Comments welcome.
>
> Not bad. I think we should go beyond optical media because there are other
> medias like usb, SD card that can used for installation. Using metaphor like
> arrow would be appropriate.

Do you mean some simple arrow, like I used in the system-software-update48a.png
[1] (btw. I mistakenly named the icon in thread subject as
preferences-system-update), or do you have in mind something more complex?

As for the package+CD/DVD metaphor - I think it's so widely used that it
wouldn't hurt to use it in Echo as well ;-)