[echo] system-software-installer draft

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 16:21:19 UTC 2008

2008/7/2 Martin Sourada <martin.sourada at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 18:20 -0400, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
>> Quoting Martin Sourada <martin.sourada at gmail.com>:
>>
>> > New draft of system-software-installer icon. Comments welcome.
>>
>> Not bad. I think we should go beyond optical media because there are other
>> medias like usb, SD card that can used for installation. Using metaphor like
>> arrow would be appropriate.
>>
> Do you mean some simple arrow, like I used in the system-software-update48a.png
> [1] (btw. I mistakenly named the icon in thread subject as
> preferences-system-update), or do you have in mind something more complex?
>
> As for the package+CD/DVD metaphor - I think it's so widely used that it
> wouldn't hurt to use it in Echo as well ;-)

You or martin really need to explain why that shit color keeps being
used with software boxes...
take a look here:
http://images.google.nl/images?ndsp=18&um=1&hl=nl&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:nl:official&q=software+box&start=0&sa=N
NONE have that shit color.

And to be somewhat more modern i would go for a shape like this one:
http://www.di-o-matic.com/press/Library/fswin/fswin-box.jpg

And if you then still decide to use that shit color then use the real
cardboard one and not that over darkened one:
http://www.climatechangecorp.com/resources/images/content/large/20073147294_cardboard.jpg

And besides that all the box is the deep. cut of 1/3 of it