art re-use policy

Klaatu and Gort gort.klaatu at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 06:00:59 UTC 2008

Hey Máirín, thanks!  And yes, absolutely I'm ok with GPL for artwork.  I am
already planning on including the source svg's so that people can literally
do whatever they like.  I'll be sure to include a statement about GPL along
with the source art.

Thanks again.

- klaatu

On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 10:00 PM, Máirín Duffy <mairin at linuxgrrl.com> wrote:

> Hey!
>
> Klaatu and Gort wrote:
>
>> The design in question would look like this were i to incorporate Waves:
>> http://www.thebadapples.info/fedorareloaded/lateNightHacking_waves.png
>>
>> I could probably have the guy making the CDs include a README file to give
>> credit where credit is due, too.
>>

> I really, *really* like your Hacker Public radio design, very nice!
>
> The Fedora waves artwork is officially licensed under the GPL (which I
> understand isn't the best for artwork). Are you okay with sharing your
> artwork under the GPL or a similar license in spirit? (eg Creative Commons
> Attribute ShareAlike?) If you are willing to do that, then you're definitely
> fine to use it. If you aren't able to share under such a license (eg if the
> hacker public radio logo is something you want to protect), I did the
> original artwork for that image so we can talk about it a bit more.
>
> ~m

---
use linux. support free software.
subscribe to http://www.thebadapples.info/ogg.xml