[Echo] preference-system-date sketches

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 22:28:40 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 01:06 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> Quick sketches of that icon extracted from new-appointment status.
> Unlike Bluecurve version, only the clock is used in order to make icon
> less cluttered. Feedback welcome.
>
> Luya

I think the metaphor is good. Did you tried adding a calendar, or did
you just suppose it would be cluttered if you added it?

As for the drawing itself - the 48x48 PNG you attached is actually 72x72
(not a big issue in this part of the process), the clock-face is
slightly off the perspective (or at least the axonometric grid), to me
it looks like simple rotation slightly counter-clock-wise might fix
that, and the bar at 6 o'clock is blurry in the 32x32, probably as a
result of the clock-face perspective issue as the minute hand, which
should have same X position, is crisp.

Also the shadow might be perhaps slightly improved to better reflect the
shape of the icon. Perhaps the shadow in emblem-important (I don't think
it's present in the SVGs though) fits the shape slightly better.

I am looking forward the other sizes :)