[Echo] preferences-system-firewall sketches

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 21:10:39 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 22:58 -0300, Jayme Ayres wrote:
> Maybe looks good to use a "burned orange"...

Hm... interesting idea.

> 2008/7/9 Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org>:
> >
> > fwiw I think that red color is way too bright. It hurts my eyes to look at
> > it.

Yeah, I have the same feeling, that was why I was trying to make the red
darker, however making it even darker than in the posted sketches didn't
seem to work :-/ Maybe orange colour would be indeed better.

On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 21:22 +0200, Mark wrote:
> They look nice.
> But how would it look when you cut out the lock item in the wall?
I don't understand what you mean by that. Perhaps something like
sculpturing or carving? (please forgive my English here, I am not at all
sure about the right words to use there).

> Also the red can use a bit of color variations. I would go for orange
> btw..

Yeah, you're the second person actually suggesting that (IIRC), so I
gave it a try. And IMHO it really looks better than red and is easier on
eyes. See the attachment.

Martin

PS: the orange wall is the first one I don't have a feeling that
something is not right with it when I look at it :-D