F10 theme: Spectrum
martin.sourada at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 17:02:16 UTC 2008
On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 12:49 -0400, Mike Langlie wrote:
> How do I upload something directly to my people account?
> Having a hard time figuring that out.
It's actually pretty easy and you can do it even using nautilus, but I
find more convenient to use mc. Here are the steps:
* open terminal
* open mc in terminal
* in one panel navigate to the folder you have the file in
* switch to the other panel (hit tab)
* hit F9, enter the menu, and select shell link
* enter the machine name in format:
in my case it's mso.fedorapeople.org
* hit OK. You'll be probably asked for a password to your ssh key -
watch the "command line" to see what's happening
* once you're in, navigate into
in my case it's /home/fedora/mso/public_html
* switch back to the first panel
* select the file you want to upload (either by hitting insert, or
* hit F5 to copy, you can leave the form as is and hit OK
* watch the progress in the "command line"
* after you're done, close mc and the terminal
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
More information about the Fedora-art-list