F10 artwork schedule - time to close proposals?

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jul 15 03:02:54 UTC 2008

Ian Weller wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jul 2008, Máirín Duffy wrote:
>
>> We've an overwhelming number of proposals for F10 now. Should we close
>> new proposals for F10 so we don't have our focus spread across too many
>> ideas?
>>
> Give everyone another week. Some people may be working on proposals
> right now.

Good idea! Is everyone okay with closing it on July 21st?

>> Also, we should probably go through the proposals missing the
>> requirements and remind the proposers to fully fill them out or pull
>> them.
>>
> A matrix on the wiki page might help. It also might help to have a wiki
> page with the requirements for each stage, with examples from previous
> releases' successful themes. Maybe I can talk with you tomorrow about
> what exactly the requirements are and I can compile the pages...

We do have a page with the requirements; they have been the same since F7:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes#How_to_Play

Basically:
- have a good *concept*
- create a wiki page with:
   - a theme name
   - initial sketches (at least one is what we usually say, and they can
be examples or references to other artwork)
   - an explanation of the concept and how it relates to Fedora
   - the proposer must have a signed CLA

Having examples of good ones from previous versions of Fedora would be
awesome! :)