[Echo] palette adjustment proposal

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 11:44:03 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 10:01 +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:
> Hi,
>
> based on some discussion with Mark, I decided to suggest slight
> adjustment to the brown part of the Echo palette. See the attachments
> for comparison between the new one and the old one, the colour changes
> are:
>
> old     -> new
> ------------------
> #ffc022 -> #eccd84
> #b88100 -> #d49725
> #804d00 -> #804d00
>
> Comments and suggestions welcome.
>
> Martin

OK, it's been two weeks since then and so far only one little complaint,
that I think is not a show-stopper, and some positive reactions. So,
unless there are any strong objections, I'll change the guideline
officially at Sunday or Monday. Please bear in mind when considering
objections, that some adjustment of used colours in icons is permitted,
as per this note in the guidelines:

"The common practice when drawing icons is to use the palette as a base,
applying it on large areas. Shading with gradients, creating highlights
and shadows by changing value, and minor changes of saturation are also
allowed and endorsed. Colors do not have to come exclusively from this
set, as additional colors may be used. Starting from the base color and
changing value, saturation or even hue slightly gives more consistent
results than starting from arbitrary colors."

Thanks,