T-shirt design feed back

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Jul 28 12:34:01 UTC 2008

Pierre-Yves wrote:
> Dear list,

Hi,

> Sometime ago I have made a couple of t-shirt design that I would like to
> present you.
> There is nothing special on them, just a couple of ideas I had. Some
> might like them, some not, never mind :).
>
> I would like to have your opinion on those, and especially on the legal
> aspect of them. Do they fit the guidelines exactly ? (I have read them
> but I prefer to ask you confirmation rather than doing something wrong).

I am by no means an expert in law or an expert in branding, but I see in
some designs you added a black outline around the "8" and the "f" shapes
(and I am not sure, but I think I see one around the bubble). That is
not OK, our logo is *without* outlines.

Beyond that, the shirts are quite simple and straightforward (in a good
sense): the Fedora logo and a slogan. Not sure about the usefulness of
introducing yet another slogan when we are trying to come with something
about "4 Foundations".