T-shirt design feed back

Pierre-Yves pingou at pingoured.fr
Mon Jul 28 12:40:03 UTC 2008

Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Pierre-Yves wrote:
>> Dear list,
>
> Hi,
>
>> Sometime ago I have made a couple of t-shirt design that I would like
>> to present you.
>> There is nothing special on them, just a couple of ideas I had. Some
>> might like them, some not, never mind :).
>>
>> I would like to have your opinion on those, and especially on the
>> legal aspect of them. Do they fit the guidelines exactly ? (I have
>> read them but I prefer to ask you confirmation rather than doing
>> something wrong).
>
> I am by no means an expert in law or an expert in branding, but I see in
> some designs you added a black outline around the "8" and the "f" shapes
> (and I am not sure, but I think I see one around the bubble). That is
> not OK, our logo is *without* outlines.

Yes I saw that, I think I found that logo somewhere on the old wiki, I
could not find it again few days ago when I looked it up.
That's also why I changed it (it also looks nicer without :) )

> Beyond that, the shirts are quite simple and straightforward (in a good
> sense): the Fedora logo and a slogan. Not sure about the usefulness of
> introducing yet another slogan when we are trying to come with something
> about "4 Foundations".

My goal is not to introduce a new slogan, just to make a small/nice
t-shirt. I had other ideas of t-shirt in the same vein:
http://pingoured.fr/blog/index.php?post/2008/06/06/T-shirt-Fedora

But that's not the point of my question :)

Thanks for your feed back,

Pierre