mockup gtk theme

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Tue Jul 29 20:38:21 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 21:28 +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-07-27 at 23:26 +0800, Andy Fitzsimon wrote:
> > Hi martin,
> >
> > If you could help me understand our limitations ill make some more
> > specific mockups for you
> >

> > http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3021/2706976226_d9d7e58f17_o.png
> >
> > http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3049/2706174405_6f7cb0e3a7_o.png
> >
> > No points for being original here,   I was thinking ofwhat osx and xp
> > would look like if they were smashed together in the right way.
> >
> > getting the conditionals to render like this is what I am more interested in.
> >

> > Andy
>
> The mock-ups looks great. The basic idea is implementable, one of the
> biggest limitations we have is that you should draw stuff only on the
> widget's "rectangle of being" otherwise you'll bound to hit problems
> with specific cases of repaints of the area,

Actually, you can play around with the draw-border style property to
overcome this, partially.
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/stable/GtkWidget.html#GtkWidget--draw-border
I haven't really seen any themes make use of that, so it is possible
that there are issues, but the basic mechanism is there.

> For the multi-select listview, I noticed in your mockup, I am not sure
> if that's possible to implement - as the drawing function is called for
> all items separately, but I cannot say now that it's impossible.

Not feasible.