[F10 Themes] add Cambridge to some of the proposals?

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 16:05:10 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-31 at 10:46 +0000, =?ISO-8859-1?Q? Mar=EDa_Leandro _
wrote:
> I'm really sorry for what i'm about to say... but you should consider
> the options that are in the way now; and the time for the round 1 is
> over. Besides, Fedora is for a lot of countries, and I don't think it
> could be a good idea make the art based on a location.
>
> is just my perception... don't want to make a flame.

I didn't intend to make new proposal, but rather suggest to take the
release name into account in Round 2. Work with it *inside* the options
that are in the "game". If people are okay with it and willing to
implement it, then it's cool, if not, then it's OK as well. The most
important thing is the final result. We received lot of positive *and*
negative feedback on the sulphuric waves during last release and as a
result we changed it to something better on the last minute, but I don't
feel like if it was dead end. It was also quite well accepted in the
Alpha/Beta/Gamma...err...Final release banners ;-)

And I also feel that Cambridge has more artistic potential than
sulphur ;-)