[F10 Themes] add Cambridge to some of the proposals?

Michael Beckwith michael.d.beckwith at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 02:44:44 UTC 2008

Ian Weller wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 05:21:37PM +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>
>> Something like this image (GNU FDL is OK as a license?) with my sepia
>> tutorial[1] applied:
>> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:ClareCollegeAndKingsChapel.jpg
>>

> This is also CC-BY-SA. Also an OK license.
>

>> But we really want a photographic background?
>>

> IMHO, no. I've enjoyed the creativity of the art team much more than
> what realism provides :D

I think Ian brings up a good point here. Anyone and their grandma using
linux can take some random photo or photo based on a theme idea, and put
it on their wallpaper. However, we as artists should desire to take our
theming a step further by creating something from scratch, and going
through the trials and errors that go along with it. I think it produces
artwork to be more happy about.

~Michael
http://michaelbox.net