[Echo] start-here icon DRAFT

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 16:34:26 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-06-29 at 19:34 +0200, Mark wrote:
> 2008/6/29 Martin Sourada <martin.sourada at gmail.com>:
> I like the icon! but not for the place you made it.. i would never
> want to see that icon as my start icon..
> So it's good but try to find another purpose for it. Something with
> sound would work well i think.

You have a point there, I can imagine it being used for IM applications
like empathy, gajim or pidgin, now that you mention it... My point
behind the decision for start-here was because the icon I used is main
part of the new echo-icon-theme logo and start-here is IMHO a good place
to show the logo (and it will most likely be replaced by fedora logo
when echo is made default fedora theme).

BTW, I myself wondered how it would look like in such place, but when I
put it there, it didn't look that bad. It's a matter of time before you
get used to it, like to fedora logo, opensuse chameleon (or what animal
is that), ubuntu logo, gnome foot, oxygen "o" (which looks to me more
like a logo for some music software), ...

Do you have any better suggestions for start-here icon? Perhaps some
stylised letter "e" (which has a drawback of being similar to MSIE
logo)?

Thanks,