[Echo] system-software-{install,update} sketches

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 15:31:37 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 17:18 +0200, Mark wrote:
> 2008/7/3 Martin Sourada <martin.sourada at gmail.com>:
> > PS: Mark, please refrain from commenting on the brown colour used in the
> > sketches. It will be improved in the future (though probably not near
> > future - it is not a high priority task, compared to what still lays
> > before us, and keeping the boxes colour consistent makes more sense than
> > having one box with one colour and another with different).
>
> Oke ^_^
> maybe i'm gonna put a little work in re-colorizing those icons that
> now have the old box.
> No promises! just that i might do it sometime soon.
>
> For the arrows:
> system-software-update48b.png
> and
> system-software-update48c.png
> are fine
>
> but:
> system-software-update48d.png
> and
> system-software-update48e.png
>
> those nearly lose there border (and on some pixels they lost it). Make
> the border 1px thicker and it's probably fine.
>
> btw. what happened to the shadows? they used to be a lot darker but
> here they seem like a nice soft shadow.
> look here: https://fedorahosted.org/echo-icon-theme/wiki/IconThemeStatus/Actions
> nearly all shadows there are darker then the ones you made here. Now
> are you gonna change all in this new one? or did this get in by
> accident? (that's for the icons you posted here)

The arrows are floating in the air, not standing on the ground, thus the
shadow is softer. As for the comments regarding border - remember that
all the icons listed here are sketches meant to help with deciding with
which design to go, so I didn't care much in them about such issues.

Do you have any preferences as to which design to use for
system-software-install and which one for system-software-update?