[Ambassadors] EUROPE: CDs, Shirts and Stickers

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Jul 25 08:14:57 UTC 2008

Gerold wrote:
>> Max Spevack wrote:

>>> Sounds good.  What do you think, Art Team?  Any chance you guys can whip
>>> that up for us?
>>
>> If I understand Paul's request correctly, the requirement is to have
>> this very logo http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Logo_fedoralogo.png
>> on the sleeve (I think I would like it better this way, just like the
>> sleeve of the polo shirt, only without the "ambassador" word and with
>> blue text - [1]) or on the back.
> ^^
> Blue text? No; I think Paul want's to have the last (heart) one modified
> with the "official Logo" (and afai understood _ONLY_ the logo [somewhere])
> on the shirt ..

The logo (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo) consists from both the
logotype (the "fedora" text in a light blue Bryant font) and the symbol
(the infinity bubble).

According with the usage guidelines
(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo/UsageGuidelines) in some cases one
can use either the logotype or the symbol, but usually when talking
about the logo one understand a composition including both of them.

Also, according to the guidelines, the logotype is light blue, but when
used against a dark background, it is allowed to make it white, that was
the case with the blue ambassador polo I mentioned before. When I said
"blue text" I wanted to make a distinction: to not use a blue text like
in that case, but the normal light blue.

Attached is what I think you are describing, but not what I understand
Paul asked for. Anyway, if you like it, feel free to use.

>> Just applying the logo (I believe Fedora EMEA e.V. already has the
>> source for it) at a certain size (larger for the back, smaller for the
>> sleeve).
> ^^
> Fedora EMEA e.V. has only a trademark licensing agreement and prodcued
> Stitch cards for producing the "Ambassador Polo Shirt" many, many European
> Ambassadors are wearing at several events like FOSDEM, Linuxtag and it is
> also gone to the US with paul, Max, Mike McGrath and Tom "Spot"

"The source" is the SVG of the logo, which is trivial to get (acailable
in many sources of our graphics) but officially you have to ask for. So
if you asked for the logo to create the polo, I bet you have the file
somewhere :p