Poster revision

wonderer wonderer4711 at gmx.de
Mon Jul 28 10:17:45 UTC 2008

Nicu Buculei schrieb:
> Paul W. Frields wrote:
>>
>> Not a bad idea, as long as we don't make these too much like the Apple
>> ad campaigns.  We'd need a differentiator of some sort, which will be
>> difficult because their campaigns use a wide variety of backgrounds --
>> monopolizing the color field if we're using silhouettes.
>
> Ha ha, as hard to belie as is, I have to do some research into Apple's
> adds, they do not target the market I live in, so I am not familiar
> with the subject.

hello all,

I also think (as i had hopefully mentioned before) that e.g. the apple
adds are ONE of many possibilitys to hang on and could have in minde for
the own adds.
Nevertheless, for those who did not know ... there was e.g. the "think
different" campaign (perhaps there are more like the ipod add, but the
making is the same). Apple takes some great heads of the century and
made some b/w posters only with the text "think different" of it.

http://cfs9.tistory.com/upload_control/download.blog?fhandle=YmxvZzE0MTgyN0BmczkudGlzdG9yeS5jb206L2F0dGFjaC8wLzMuanBn
http://www.macsecrets.com/2002/img/logo_think_different_plakat.jpg
http://www.savoy-truffle.de/dylan/bilder/Dylan-thinks-different-big.jpg
http://www.pci.uni-heidelberg.de/tc/usr/chris/pics/Think_different2.jpg
http://onionesquereality.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/apple_think_different.jpg
(there are all Posters at one)

and also a video-add:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oAB83Z1ydE

Maybe the text to the video can modified, other pictures can be taken,
but I think we have some of the same intentions... I fully agree not TO
much take from "the great company with the fruit Logo...", but I think
we can learn much of this add.
So, maybe we could have one "Theme", one Artwork (maybe for F11) and
draw around that Posters, Wallpapers, Icons and video adds ... just my 2
Cents ;-)

sincerly
Henrik