Art list Artists... Greetings

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Jul 29 08:21:37 UTC 2008

Jonathan Francis wrote:
> Hello all, I'm Jon, artist I guess, hehe.

Hi!

> hmmm forget Windows I want to try Fedora. The reason for this long
> email  is  one,  I  do art  as well, and would really like to  get
> involved  with  anything I can  with  all of you.   and 2,  I  am

The first step to get involved is to subscribe tot his list. And then
when you feel ready to contribute some work a good place to look for
open jobs is our requests queue:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/DesignService

Or maybe the Echo icon theme: https://fedorahosted.org/echo-icon-theme/

> running a hp  32 bit computer and am in the process of downloading the 6
> discs of Fedora to install on my laptop, and Have no clue as to where to
> burn the 2 files, "Fedora-9-i386-netinst.iso
> <http://fedora.secsup.org/linux/releases/9/Fedora/i386/iso/Fedora-9-i386-netinst.iso>"
> and "SHA1SUM
> <http://fedora.secsup.org/linux/releases/9/Fedora/i386/iso/SHA1SUM>" I can
> burn the ISO's to the 6 discs but I couldn't find anywhere in the step
> by step directions on what to do with these 2 files.  Maybe I'm Dumb?

The best place to ask questions about usage is the users list, but since
you question is simple here we go:
- SHA1SUM is a text file displaying a control sum which allows you to
verify the integrity of your downloaded files;
- netinst is a special king of CD, you can use it on two purpose: for
recovery boot when your Fedora system won't boot by itself and for
performing a net install - boot from it and the installer will download
all the needed packages, without a need for the other CDs.

> At this point I can't even get into Windows, I no long have windows on
> my laptop so I am starting from scratch booting the CDs from my laptops
> CD drive.  Also I need help partitioning my computer for Fedora.  Anyone
> willing to let me pay them for step by step help?  I am humbled to my
> bones and thank for for all your valuable time, even if you don't get
> back to me.

The art list is *really* not the place for such king of inquiry, have a
look at http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f9/en_US/
And particularly the part about partitioning
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f9/en_US/ch-disk-partitioning.html

Of course the default option proposed by the installer will work, but if
you want more info that guide should be useful.