[Mist/gnome-icon-theme] Missing symlinks in rawhide

Andreas Nilsson nisses.mail at home.se
Wed Jul 30 11:09:00 UTC 2008

Martin Sourada wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recall andreasn called for cooperation in hunting bad citizens in case
> of icons usage. As I am on rawhide right now, where the icon-theme-utils
> are not used for generating symlinks in Mist and gnome-icon-theme, I
> though I could point out some icons that are "missing" ;-)
>
> From what I noticed, there are these missing icons in the gnome menus:
>
> * Applications -> Sound & Video -> Avidemux Video Editor (GTK)
> - gnome-multimedia
> - avidemux-2.4.2-1.lvn10.i386
>
> * Applications -> System Tools -> Disk Management
> - disks
> - usermode-1.97-1.i386
>
> * System -> Help
> - gnome-help
> - yelp-2.22.1-2.fc10.i386
>
> * System -> Preferences -> Hardware -> Mouse
> - gnome-dev-mouse-optical
> - control-center-2.23.4-4.fc10.i386
>
> * System -> Preferences -> System -> Authorisations
> - gtk-dialog-authentication
> - PolicyKit-gnome-0.8-5.fc10.i386
>
> * System -> Administration -> Add/Remove Software
> - system-software-installer
> - gnome-packagekit-0.2.3-4.20080618.fc10.i386
>
> * System -> Administration -> Users and Groups
> - system-config-users
> - system-config-users-1.2.80-1.fc10.noarch
>
> In addition to that icon for System -> Administration falls back to
> bluecurve (I am not sure what icon name it uses). Places -> Bookmarks
> uses icon with old gnome design (I am not sure here either about the
> icon name). I believe it could use same icon as epiphany uses.
I think there is a bug open in GNOME bugzilla about the last one, but
I'm not sure.
Matthias Clasen asked for help with filing bugs on themes-list [1] a
short while ago, so if you could file some bugs in GNOME bugzilla [2]
about these issues it would be great!

1. http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-themes-list/2008-July/msg00038.html
2. http://bugzilla.gnome.org/

- Andreas