FUDCon Brno tshirts

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Jul 30 13:13:32 UTC 2008

Max Spevack wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jul 2008, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>
>>> But honestly, I personally love it as is.  This one is Max's baby
>>> though... :-)
>>
>> Yeah, I asked for some opinions on list before going to Max (but who
>> I'm kidding? Max is also watching the thread).
>
> I think it looks awesome.  I echo Paul in wondering whether or not the
> end result will have sufficient detail... I suppose that is a question
> we have to ask the manufacturer of the shirts, who has yet to be
> identified.  But in general, i think that is an incredibly cool design.

Reducing details is not hard, I attached an example (traced.png) of how
it look with various parameters for the trace option.
And on top of that, it can be simplified by hand a lot.

> Mo's comments were good too.  So more or less, I second all the
> constructive comments in this thread.

Tried to use some of her comments along with a closer frame, more focus
on the cathedral, less on the background buildings, not sure which works
better (and I still like her Boston image better).

> Was the original picture one of Jay Turner's?

Yes, if he is "rhlinuxguy" on flickr -
http://flickr.com/photos/linuxguy/2098670932/
As you can see, I flipped the image horizontally for the composition.