Does blue make you blue?

María Leandro tatadbb at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 19:00:41 UTC 2008

I remember that once, someone propose to use a little of yellow... I think
this could be a great colour to use with our blue palette....

What about the mascot issue?? we could start to join the new colour to users
with something to associate it. (mascot, wallpaper, banners...) just like
happened with F9 brown banner.

2008/7/31 Jared Ubriaco <jubriaco at gmail.com>

> I agree with Gian Mureddu when I think Fedora I remember the Blue as its
> main characteristic. Just as he said redhat = red and I myself link Orange
> with Ubuntu. imo color choice is part of branding getting rid of blue in its
> entirety would be a bad move, however I agree with other statements made
> about adding more color. Just trying to give input I am a novice at best
> with art design.
>
> 2008/7/30 David Nielsen <gnomeuser at gmail.com>
>

>> Den 30. jul. 2008 19.52 skrev Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Does the Artwork team think, overall, that using a blue palette for our
>>> desktop theme (background) helps Fedora with its identity and branding?
>>> Do you want to continue that for Fedora 10?
>>

>> As a user I would love to see us break free of the blue prison, it looks
>> dated and should be put down with all manners of mercy possible. I think it
>> hurts us to stick with the blue theme and unlike other competing distros not
>> work towards a unified look over several cycles. Getting a more integrated
>> artwork effort, making sure we get a good vision of where we want to go and
>> working with our programmers to bring the required technology onboard over
>> say 4 releases, making sure our icons, backgrounds and theme look like a
>> whole.
>>
>> - David

tatica
Maria Gracia Leandro