Quicklaunch mockuo

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 15:23:43 UTC 2008

2008/6/3 Martin Sourada <martin.sourada at gmail.com>:
> Well, I like having two panels and I hate to wait until they appear.
> That's why I don't autohide them. I also like to have applications I use
> regularly easily accessible - and it's that lot of icons you see in the
> screen-shot. Also I don't like nearly empty panel - it's boring. And of
> course I like some of the panel applets. And last, but not least, I find
> 6 virtual desktops to be just the right number for me. And after many
> iterations I ended up with a layout like you saw.
>
> I have nice big icons, bottom panel with sort of macy style
> (semi-transparent background). It looks even more awesome with
> compositing enabled (but I don't use compositing for various purposes).
> And fast access to everything I use from notify, through trash, quick
> launch and virtual desktop switcher, through network monitor and window
> list to gnome menu :-D And it occupies as much space as I find nice...
> Also, which is not seen on the screen shot, in the bottom right corner
> when I attach an usb drive, or put an optical media in, disk mounter
> applet with fast access to basic actions like open/eject/unmount
> appears.
>
> Only one thing that my current layout lacks is a fancy top panel, but I
> don't mind the plain colour one much and I am too lazy to make it look
> otherwise :-D
>
> But as you said, it's a matter of taste.

Don't get me wrong.. i don't like to auto hide my applets (so i don't
do it ^_^) but i do like to get rid if things that use space. With the
exception of __one__ panel (i must admit i have 2 panels now) but
other then that i like to keep it as clean as possible. So: 1 icon for
the menu, no quick launch icons (assuming it's popping out from the
lower left corner like i showed in the mockup) and nicely glassy
themed. You could say partly vista under linux.

Something different.. i have no idea what all went wrong in the first
post of this tread but it all looks messed up (like you found out)..
even the title.