Introductions are stupid. Let artwork speak for artist?

Pavel Shevchuk stlwrt at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 08:55:42 UTC 2008

Sorry for being cheeky asshole, but #2 in
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork#How_to_Join should be removed,
or at least swapped with #3. What's the ratio of people who send
introduction letters, and artists who actually contribute something,
or at least try hard?

I didn't send any introduction letters, i just spent an evening
animating splash with my curly hands and sub-zero (not to be confused
with "cool") gimp skillz, and second revision of it now welcomes kde4
users in sulphur, right after kdm theme, i've hacked up a bit later
with help of Martin. Contributing to fedora is easy, joining IRC to
show off some drafts or concepts and receive critics is even easier.
I'm pretty sure people who really want to contribute can do it without
loudmouth letters, bringing some artwork instead.

With best regards to people who do more and talk less.
Curly-handed, but attempting to beautify fedora.
Stalwart.
--
http://scwlab.com