Introduction

ryan lerch ryanlerch at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 22:52:37 UTC 2008

Hey Carl!

Welcome to the artteam list! A lot of us also hang out in #fedora-art on
irc.freenode.net, so feel free to drop in for a chat... :)

> > My name is Carl Ellement, from Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada. I am
> > interested in contributing artwork to the Fedora project, and becoming
> > a contributing member of the artTeam.

If you haven't already seen it, the following link outlines the steps
required for joining the art-team:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork#How_to_Join
(we have recently migrated to the mediawiki platform, so the layout of the
wiki may still be a bit rough around the edges...)

> > I have some digital art production experience, mainly with adobe
> > products in a windows environment. I am anxious to learn more about
> > Linux and open source software and I feel I have
> > much to offer!

Not sure if you know about the open source equivalents in the graphic design
world, but in short:

Vector Graphics - Inkscape
Raster / Photo Manipulation - GIMP
Page Layout / Desktop Publishing - Scribus

I personally am a huge inkscape fan, and you will find it is also a popular
tool for a lot of the members of the fedora artTeam...

cheers,
ryanlerch