Bear with me -- medium\long term project

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Jun 10 10:29:47 UTC 2008

Frank Murphy wrote:
> Does this pass ok, for use in a fedora b\g
>
> http://www.1001fonts.com/font_details.html?font_id=2887
>
> it appears to be public domain

License-wise is seems to be OK, even the font metadata says "public
domain dedication"

However, there a number of reasons (I swear we have a page in the wiki
about this, I am just unable to find it right now) why text in a desktop
wallpaper is not a good idea (mainly because we are an international
distro targeting people from a lot of cultures, speaking a lot of
different languages and that text is not translatable).